Monday, September 24, 2012

Geek Night 2012 wrap up

Geek Night 2012 has come and gone. A fun time hanging and drawing with Lee Bretschneider and Justin Peterson as we got to talk to the students of FSU about monsters and art. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to be back for our fourth year in a row! Enough talk, here are some picture from the night...

Geek Night 2012 table arrangement... each year I think it gets a little better.

A close up of all the neat things everybody had to touch all night long.

 Lee got himself a copy of creatura libri 3! Made sure there was a happy monster waiting inside for me... RAWR!

 Here are some of the sketch cards that I drew on Friday night that I liked...

 ...and here are more sketch cards that I drew night night that I liked.

 A blast from the past! While walking through the FSU Union courtyard I finally took a photo of something I did way back in 1999. A design based on a linoleum block print that I made won a contest to be turned into table top art back when I was a student. I got to glaze the ceramic tiles myself and now there is a concrete table in the Union that has my little alien standing on a giant tentacle in space. It has held up pretty well all things considered. I decorated a second table that is right next to this one... but it was pandering to school spirit in the hopes that I wold win... it is horrible and I will save that embarrassment for some other time... or maybe never.

A big thanks to everyone at the FSU Union Productions for having us out again this year and to everyone that came out! I hope you all enjoy your sketch cards and that you had a fun time. I know I did! If you missed out on Geek Night hopefully we will have a chance to correct that next year!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday for more fun! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment