Monday, August 5, 2013

The Lost Colossus - L5R Gates of Chaos expansion

Just in time for Gen Con my contribution to the latest expansion of the Legend of the Five Rings CCG has been spoiled. In addition to why this is notable... this piece is my first traditionally painted piece that I have done for a client. At the end of last year I was feeling brave and jumped in with both feet to see what will happen... and this is what happened...

The Lost Colossus
12 x 16 - Acrylic on board
Gate of Chaos expansion
© 2013 Alderac Entertainment Group

Not sure what I can really add about this right now. I will have a lot more to say when I do the process post in the coming weeks after the card is released. I took a lot of photos as I painted it so that you can see all my mistakes along the way. Here is how the piece appeared on the card...

The Lost Colossus - In handy card form

L5R had given me the opportunity to experiment and try things out... like working traditionally on an assignment. So a big thanks to Adrian Burton for the vote of confidence as I take chances! Those attending Gen Con will have a chance to see this piece in person. The Lost Colossus is house trained and will make the perfect pet for a wall in your house!

That is all for another exciting Monday on bog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Cant wait to see it. Happy travels next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does it mean that you bow it?

    Looks pretty neat. Wouldn't want to run into that kind of statue as it looks like it could punch you into the next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am unaware of the game mechanics, I do not play the game.

      Delete