Monday, September 16, 2013

Magic the Gathering - Theros

Over the weekend all of the new Magic the Gathering set, Theros, was spoiled online. These means I can now share my other card from the set as well as both of my card's official names and stats!

My second Theros card that has been hiding under the waves of it's NDA is the Breaching Hippocamp. I am very happy to share this fishy horse monster (RAWR!). The Breaching Hippocamp was the second MtG piece that I was assigned and it was up to me to design and illustrate it! This of course is what I love to do best! Here is how it turned out...

"Breaching Hippocamp" - Magic the Gathering - Theros
PRINTS available at OMA!
© 2013 Wizards of the Coast

Breaching Hippocamp

I am really looking forward to sharing with you the process that went into designing the Breaching Hippocamp. Not only because it was fun and I am really happy with how it turned out... but also because I did so much work! More about all this in the coming weeks!

You  may recall the Catoblepas that I was able to share with you a couple weeks back. Well, it is now officially the Loathsome Catoblepas and has stats as well!

"Loathsome Catoblepas" - Magic the Gathering - Theros
PRINTS available at OMA!
© 2013 Wizards of the Coast

Loathsome Catoblepas

I will be sharing the process for the Loathsome Catoblepas piece as well, though it is a lot more straight forward.

It is a real honor to be part of Theros and to be in a set with so many talented and amazing artists. Many thanks goes out to Jeremy Jarvis for including me on this set! I look forward to what the future holds with my involvement with MtG... but more about that on another day...

For those in the Tallahassee / North Florida areas, I will be attending some of the prerelease events for Theros starting this Friday night at midnight! I am being hosted by the most excellent gaming store, Gamescape and you can get all the details over on their Facebook event page!

If you can not make it I will be sure to take some pictures and share my experiences here on the blog, this will be my first time attending such an event and this should be a learning experience!

That is all for another very exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment