Friday, September 6, 2013

Wookiee Gunner

What better way to conclude an exciting week on the blog then with a Wookiee! Today I have for you a piece I put together to have at Gen Con which you may have already gotten a glimpse of, my toned paper Wookiee Gunner...

Wookiee Gunner
12 x 9
colored pencil on toned paper
Original "Wookiee Navigator" sketch © 2013 Fantasy Flight Games

The Wookiee Gunner may be familiar to you for other reasons too, since it is based off of the Wookiee Navigator that I created for the Star Wars Card Game. Apparently this Wookiee is getting around a lot more then I originally knew. After Gen Con I got a message from Sam Flegal (this becomes even more relevant as you read on). The message included a photo of a Star Wars card with the image of the Wookiee Navigator and the card title of "Gunner". I was dumbstruck! Turned out the card comes with the Slave One, Star Wars miniatures expansion. How cool is that! Here is a look at the card and the mini...

Slave One and Gunner from the Star Wars miniatures expansion

Gunner! that happens to be a Wookiee...

Speaking of Sam Flegal... as mentioned in my Gen Con coverage, Sam is now the happy owner of the Wookiee Gunner! The circle is now complete, when the Wookiee Gunner left me it was but the learner, but now... it is the master. Or something like that...

Wookiee adaption program

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment