Monday, October 21, 2013

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire - Specialization Deck

Last weekend I was perusing the local gaming and comic store and they had a huge selection of of Specialization Decks for Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. Since they come in handy dandy resealable clam shell cases I was checking out the art (with permission of the owner of course!). I got to the deck for Explorer / Trader when something caught my eye...

Convincing Demeanor
(A taste of bigger things to come)
© 2013 Fantasy Flight Games

My, what a handsome Arconan! Oh wait, I painted that Arconan... In fact, this is a close up from a much larger Star Wars piece I did for another Star Wars project. I thought about sharing that piece here today, but I was unsure if I actually could and I also wanted to wait for the original project to be out anyway. This piece means a lot to me for a lot of reasons, first and foremost because it marks the first of my Star Wars pieces that I really started to push to make them "mine". I started adding a lot more into them then was required to make them more interesting, dense, and have a more interesting narrative. ...but more on all that later...

Next time you are at your local gaming store be sure to check out all the Edge of the Empire Specialization Decks! ...Or at least the Explorer / Trader deck for sure!

 
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire - Specialization Deck
Explorer - Trader

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment