Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Taking a break: Fu Manchu Demon - Angel Season 4

The blog break continues as I am still overwhelmed elsewhere. In my absence, here is some stuff I have never shared from my days in the Makeup FX industry! Today I have for you the Fu Manchu Demon from season 4 of Angel...

The Fu Manchu demon demon was... ah... you know, I have no idea what or why the Fu Manchu demon was made. Just one of the many demons that passed through our shop. I think it reused a cowl from another demon... or maybe other demons reused its cowl. I know the face was new... casue I watched it get sculpted. I did not design it... but I sure did paint the makeup! I was all over the paint work for this one.

While I was the painter on this monster there was an entire team of my skilled coworkers that saw the the sculpting, mechanics, molding, casting, and everything else that went into seeing this creature come about.

Enough talk, here is the Fu Manchu Demon... 

Still trying to figure out is this is racially insensitive.
Maybe I am reading too much into it.

Here are some images of the face sculpt for the Fu Manch Demon.

These were all handled by the shops design lead who designed and sculpted this one.

RAWR! Monsters in clay.

Another shot of the makeup and the hand/arm appliances that went with the makeup.

I really need to go back and watch episode 14 of season 4 to see if this thing even made it into the show and if it did anything.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment