Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Taking a break: The Woman's Victim - Angel Season 4

The blog break continues as I am still overwhelmed elsewhere. In my absence, here is some stuff I have never shared from my days in the Makeup FX industry! Today I have for you the Woman's Victim from season 4 of Angel...

This was a weird one. This is not so much a monster, but rather the effects of a monster on a person.  The monster in question is Jasmine and she touched this poor person's face and look what happened! The boss man was really pushing me to do Photoshopped photo manipulated makeup concepts so that is what this one ended up being. All things considered the final makeup ended up being very true to my design... which is nice. I would have been happier with the design if I had done more drawing and painting and less sticking photo elements together. The makeup was to look like there was a hand imprint and it had become rotted and diseased. While the design may not have made that clear (the hand part) I think the final makeup pulls it off. It is always nice to be able to design something and then it gets made and becomes a real thing out it the world.

While I was the designer on this monster there was an entire team of my skilled coworkers that saw to the sculpting, molding, casting, and everything else that went into seeing this creature come about.

Enough talk, here is the Woman's Victim... 
 
My first and only design for the victim's makeup. The boss man oversaw me while I made this so he got what he wanted and then he pushed it threw with production.

The better of only two imperfect images of this makeup that we have.
I always took a lot of photos and then you can pick the best... others felt like they should take one and hope that it turned out. ...*sigh*
The other photo of this is SO laughably bad I dared not post it. The lighting on it is so off that the entire thing is light baby blue... seriously. No mater what I have done to try to correct it has worked.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment