Monday, May 19, 2014

Cad Bane

This is all Arron Miller's fault! He posted an image recently of a 3x3 Cad Bane he painted for Jon Schindehette's booth at Spectrum Live and shared it on the social medias. I was BLUE with envy! I wanted a Cad Bane painting... I really have come to enjoy his appearances in the Star Wars Clone Wars series. There were some little gaps in my schedule here and there... and this happened...

"Cad Bane"
  5 x 7 - Acrylic, pencil, and gouache on board
Original - SOLD
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

This piece is handled in the same way as I did with the Barada I shared a little while back. Still testing the traditional painting waters a little at a time. You would think I would just get off my butt and dive in already, but alas, nope. These smaller portraits are a good way for me to ease into it I feel. Not too huge to be intimidating while not being too small and hard to work on.  Fun fact, the drawing that I did for this painting is actually bigger then the painting itself...

Cad Bane - Drawing
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
Original for sale on my Web Store
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

Tried my best to document the process of laying down paint on this one. Here are a bunch of images along the way from drawing to finished painting...

All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

Don't want to look at all those images separately? Good thing I made this handy dandy animated gif of all the images so you can stare at one thing and take it all in...

Cad Bane - Process progression

Laying down a little face tube paint...

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment