Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Yucatan Adventures - Chichen Itza

Sharing images from my recent adventures in the Yucatan all this week on the blog. Today I have for you the most famous of the Mayan sites, Chichen Itza. The pyramid at Chichen Itza is on the license plates for the Yucatan state and can be seen almost everywhere you look when traveling through this part of Mexico. This was the busiest site we visited with bus loads of tourist arriving by starting mid morning it was also surrounded by vendors peddling their wares. Our lodgings were walking distance from Chichen Itza, so we had a couple hours of exploration before the crowds of tourists and vendors were at full strength. I present to you, Chichen Itza...

If you have a mental image of the Yucatan or the Mayan ruins, it is probably this pyramid.

I tried very hard to image these ruins as they must have been when they were living cities. They impress as ruins and they must have been amazing when they lived. If you visit make sure you face an intact staircase and clap your hands... then imagine 50,000 people doing the same.

Plenty of coatl to draw inspiration from.


Yes, you can be a monster soon.... but only because you asked nicely.

All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

That is all from Chichen Itza, tomorrow we journey to Uxmal, my most favorite of the ruins we visited in the Yucatan.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here tomorrow. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment