Thursday, June 12, 2014

Yucatan Adventures - Uxmal

Continuing my adventures across the Yucatan, today we arrive at Uxmall (Ooshmal). Uxmal is officially one on my new favorite places on the planet. I can not speak highly enough about the quality and quantity of amazing things to see at Uzmal. The carvings are beautiful and plentiful. A lot of the carvings depict Chaac, the rain God, and I will definitely need to create something Chaac related in the near future. I present to you, Uxmal...

Again, out of the jungle rise amazing structures of stone.

Chaac!

I think this is my favorite photo that I took on my adventures.

Everywhere there are faces and amazing carvings.

From the top of the pyramid you can climb looking back at the main pyramid.

All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

That is all from Uxmal, tomorrow we wrap up the adventure at Ek Balam, which held a unexpected treat.
That is all for another exciting Thursday on the blog, see you back here tomorrow. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment