Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Gen Con 2014 - Day 3

Day 3 of Gen Con 2014! Day 3 already feels like a distant memory as I write this… let's see what I can remember… Saturday is always a big day with a crush of people arriving for the weekend and for just the day. Artist alley was jammed packed all day and there were a lot of people to meet, sign stuff for, and send art home with. There were more spoilers and more work making its debut that will soon be arriving on the blog. I did a lot of drawing and sketching including a commission of a Protos. …and more Groots. The day absolutely flew by, no idea how it went from 10am to 6pm in a blink of an eye. After dinner and some business conversation it was time for some more fun. We are making a tradition of getting out dance on at the Sky Bar and this year was just a fun as last year. We had some new faces in the group and MUCH fun was had. The night went VERY late but it was hard to stop the fun once it got started. By the time it was all over there were only a few hour remaining before day 4 was to begin… Here are some images from Day 3…

One more image of my ribbon and Yoda… forgive me the repetition, I am just super humber and excited about this.
 
Another new Star Wars piece that was first seen at Gen Con, more about this piece and its companion from this book on the blog soon!

I did not get around much this year at the con… I saw a lot of these guys.
Oh look! Sean won an award too!

Those guys in the last image saw a lot of these guys.

Magic kitty cat lady stopped by with her awesome costume.
Dani Hatel's Ajani costume took home an award in the costume contest!

MOOOOOOOOORE GROOTS!

Some more Yodas stopped by the booth!

The finished Protos commission. RAWR!

The end of a long day! RAWR!

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog, see you back here tomorrow for Day 4 of Gen Con 2014! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment