Monday, August 25, 2014

Star Wars - Imperial Assault - DXR-6

Let the sharing of work spoiled at Gen Con begin!

Today I have a piece that will appear in the new Fantasy Flight Game Star Wars board game, Imperial Assault. The game was announced at Gen Con and they were demoing the game and displaying the components. It looks great and is just the kind of game I like to play... and to make it even better, I worked on it! I got to illustrate one of the item cards, the DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle item card to be specific. This is how my painting for it turned out...

DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I was asked to illustrate a Trandoshan in the heat of battle firing the DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle. I approached this as the Bossk piece I have yet to have a chance to make. Had a lot of fun doing it, so I was eager to see how the card turned out in the game...

The handy dandy DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle card... with CROPPING action!

Well, that is interesting... Things always change during the development of a game... like templates for the card art. Eight years ago this would have crushed me. Today, I had myself a huge laugh and enjoyed showing friends at Gen Con. I know the art will show up elsewhere in FFG Star Wars games and will get fully utilized. I am just happy to have worked on the game and that this piece is now able to be shared!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment