Monday, November 10, 2014

Kaijudo - Eye of the Storm (and BEYOND)

I have for you today the last of my work that I did for Kaijudo. As mentioned back in August, the release of Vortex marked the first set of Kaijudo that my worked appears in... and the last set to be released in stores. At the time I mentioned that there would be one additional digital set to be given out to players that attended the last tournament. That last set, Eye of the Storm, has surfaced and I am happy to share my piece that appears in it. This did leave one of my pieces unreleased and after checking with WotC I got permission to share that piece as well. Here are the last two of my Kaijudo pieces...

"Virulent Worm" - Kaijudo - Eye of the Storm
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast

"Rock Bite" - Kaijudo - Unreleased
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast

These two pieces were the very first two Kaijudo cards that I did for the game and the last two to surface. The Virulent Worm was completed in October of 2013 and Rock Bite soon after. These both were a lot of fun and I really had looked forward to doing many many more. I even had plans to hopefully do a Kaijudo piece traditionally if I continued to get interesting and fun pieces like these. You never know how things will work out.

I will share more about these card individually when I share their production process in the near future. For now I can leave you with the digital card for the Virulent Worm. This was going to make for a great looking card.

"Virulent Worm" if it had been an actual real life handy dandy card instead of a virtual card.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment