Monday, November 17, 2014

Uber Grotesque - Warhammer 40K Conquest: The Howl of Blackmane

At the end of last week I noticed a new piece of my work has popped up on the internet. This means I can now share it with you! This is a piece done for the first expansion for Warhammer 40K - Conquest, The Howl of Blackmane. I created this back in January and it is the second piece that I created traditionally for Fantasy Flight Games. Before I go too much into this piece, here is now the final turned out...

Uber Grotesque
12 x 9
  Acrylic and pencil on board
© 2014 Fantasy Flight Games

A lot has happened and changed with my traditional work since January. So it is a little weird to be showing this off now while I know what the future holds. Enough about that for now!

I will go into more detail about this piece when I share the process in the near future when the expansion is officially released. For now though I will show how the piece ultimately turned out. While I did this piece traditionally there was sizable modification requested for this piece once I had completed the painting that required a digital fix. Here is how the final modified piece turned out that was used in the game...

Uber Grotesque
 Digital alter of final painting
© 2014 Fantasy Flight Games

As I said, I will be going into more detail about this piece and the process that went into creating it here on the blog once the card is officially released. In the meantime, here is a small watermarked look at what the final card will look like...

Uber Grotesque in handy dandy card form (RAWR)

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment