Friday, February 13, 2015

Screaming Gnasher

Sometimes things slip through the cracks and sometimes things keep getting pushed aside to make way for other things. Not sure which of these is more relevant to this piece, but this piece has been sitting around since July of 2014 without getting posted here on the blog. I am remedying this today, finally. Here is a toned paper monster from last year, the Screaming Gnasher...

Screaming Gnasher
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

This was a personal monster portrait study as I geared up for a lot of the toned pieces you have seen in the past few months. I created several of these portraits around this time, and most likely will do it again all too soon. They are fun, cathartic, and are building on the themes I enjoy working on. 

I took several images of this drawing coming together so that you can get a feel for how the piece developed...

All images © 2015 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment