Friday, July 17, 2015

Gulf Specimen Marine Lab reference drop

I recently returned to a local aquarium, the Gulf Specimen Marine Lab, and I have you today a collection of images that I took of this visit. This is a great facility and I don't visit it nearly enough. An unexpected highlight of this visit was the presence of giant isopods, or sea roaches. They arrived at the aquarium the week before and a suitable tank is still being prepared. The Gulf Specimen Marine Lab also rescues and rehabilitates marine life that is hurt or sick. They currently have a number of sea turtles on display that will eventually be released back to the wild. Here is but a small selection of the animals they have on display...

Giant Isopod or Sea Roach:

Box Crab:


Hermit Crab with clear artificial shell:


Hermit Crab with sea anemone attached to the side:

The working parts of a Horseshoe Crab:




Sea Turtle:

All images © 2015 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment