Friday, April 29, 2016

Looking back at "Why do we do this?"

I have been thinking about why I make art lately. Not in a reevaluating my life choices sort of way or a pondering the events that led me to it, but more of just thinking about the things that made me an artist and inspire me to continue to do it. Thinking and reflecting kind of stuff is what has been going on.

This all got me thinking about a series of blog posts I did a while back called, "Why do we do this?". It was a three part series where I asked a bunch of artists three questions about making art. Turns out these posts are five years old now. Looking back I am amazed at everyone who took part in this, it is also interesting to think if anyone's responses would be different now.

Looking back at "Why do we do this?" from 2011

I wanted to share these posts again in case you missed them the first time or if you took part you could reflect on something you said five years ago about making art. The three questions I asked everyone where:

1) What was the first thing in your life that made you think, "I want to be an artist"?

2) What do you like LEAST about being an artist?

3) What do you like MOST about being an artist?

Here are the links to the original posts:

Why do we do this? (Part 1) , Why do we do this? (Part 2), Why do we do this? (Part 3)

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment