Monday, May 9, 2016

Free Comic Book Day 2016 Recap

This past Saturday was Free Comic Book Day. The good folks at Fallout Comic invited me back out for the day and I was thrilled to return. There was a lot of comic books, super heroes, droids, Stormtroopers, talk of Captain America: Civil War, and fun to be had on Saturday. It was a lot of fun and a big thanks goes out to everyone at Fallout for including me! Also, a big thanks to everyone that came out to see me!

I brought more with me then I ever had, so I really had to hustle to get completely set up in only an hour. Usually my set up takes several hours, but I guess I am getting better at doing this sort of thing. In record time I had my wall up, art and prints out, and ready for the doors to open. When I am a mile from the comic shop it is hard not to bring everything! I am sure it is overkill, but... I still do it anyway.

Here are some images from the days events at Fallout Comics for Free Comic Book Day 2015...

Bringing the convention presence to Free Comic Book Day for a special 6 hour event!

Stormtrooper husks. Every sprint the Stormtrooper molts and grows a new shell.

More Stormtrooper bits... and comic books.

One of my favorite Stormtroopers stopped by again this year to celebrate FCBD.

Walking and talking Stormtrooper reference.

My C-3PO sketch cover went to a forever home! RAWR!

My view for all of Free Comic Book Day. There were just different amounts of people. Sometimes a LOT more and sometimes this many. Everybody loves Free Comic Book Day.

The $1 comic bins! Everyone got to pick out one of these for free as part of FCBD. 
I looked through some of the boxes but never found the right one for me. You need to make sure you find the right fit with an old comic. 

Another successful  Free Comic Book Day! We will hopefully see you back out there next year!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment