Thursday, August 18, 2016

Gen Con 2016 Recap - Day 4

My recap of Gen Con 2016 continues with some of the happenings in the Artist Alley during Day 3. If you missed it, you can check out Day 0, Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3.

All good things come to an end, including Gen Con. Day 4 is finally upon us and Gen Con is wrapping up and all that remains is a frantic last 6 hours followed by tear down. By Day 4 of Gen Con my brain has stopped making long term memories and I am running on auto pilot. That is the way of things at such a huge convention. The carrot at the end of a frantic tear down is an amazing sushi dinner with a ton of friends and a last low key evening of hanging out and saying goodbye.

The funny thing about Gen Con that as it approached there is SO much to do and SO much involved that it feels rather daunting and not necessarily something I want to do. The second I hit Nashville on the drive up and I THRILLED it is Gen Con time again. By the time Day 4 rolls around I can not wait to come back to Gen Con next year. This of course fades at things get crazy with life and prep for Gen Con next year... and so the cycle repeats. Thanks to EVERYONE that made Gen Con 2016 such a GREAT year. So much fun was had, I can't wait till next year!

Here are some images that more or less make up my experiences of Day 4 of Gen Con 2016...
Mewtwo on a blank Pokemon card.

Another new Star Wars piece I had no idea was out. It has been out for awhile and I thought it was not coming out till later this year. More on this soon!

A new Star Wars card that reuses a piece that I did for the Star Wars RGP.
I had no idea that this was out.

A new Eevee has appeared.

Signed more Star Wars cards.

Things go weird the last day of Gen Con when I was asked to start mashing up Pokemon.

I signed a few more Bossk cards.

4-Lom is going to a new home!

What's going on over the wall?

...and over there?

Things stayed busy until the end!

I traded with Jacob Walker for this BEAUTIFUL piece of his! RAWR!

Tear down begins.

Everything in its place and a place for everything.

My lovely assistant, Dear Wife.

Goodbye table 40, it has been a fun 4 days!

What took 5.5 hours to set up takes about 2 hours to pack up.

I am really impressed that the "S" remained on the sign this year. Every year I have attended Gen Con at some point during the convention that "S" seemed to vanish.

That is all for anther exciting Thursday on the blog, see you back here tomorrow! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment