Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Smuggler Returns in Star Wars Destiny

I have had a piece recently resurface in the new Star Wars card and dice game released by Fantasy Flight Games, Star Wars Destiny. Originally painted in late 2011 and then finally published in late 2013, my Hidden Cache art has a new life as the Smuggling card. Good to see that my Mon Calamari smuggler is now finally getting some attention... six years after I painted it. Here is a look at the new card...

Smuggling card from Star Wars Destiny

Much like my Wookiee Navigator / Gunner card the Hidden Cache card did not get much attention and flew under the radar, but on its second printing in a different game, it is gaining some notoriety. Both the smuggler and the Wookiee were created for the Star Wars Card Games and then went on to a higher profile life in Destiny and X-Wing (respectively). Funny how that works. Here is the original art for the Hidden Cache, notice the crazy wide proportions of the art added before the final templates for the card game where locked down...

Hidden Cache
 Edge of Darkness LCC Expansion
10 x 6.5 - Digital
© 2013 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

If you are interested I posted the process and steps that went into this painting here on the blog back in 2014. You can get a glimpse at how I use to do things back in 2011. I still have the toned drawing that I created in conjunction with this piece. Always loved how it turned out and still surprised I still have it...

Hidden Cache - Toned drawing
14 x 11 - Pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2013 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment