Friday, May 19, 2017

Art in Unexpected Places

In our neighborhood some unexpected art has appeared. On a fence some actual paintings and canvas prints of paintings have been hung for the enjoyment of the neighborhood. At least I hope everyone is enjoying it, because I am really enjoying it and appreciate the people responsible.  The squirrel piece is especially a nice touch...

Unexpected art that will hopefully weather the elements for a while

Now that I see these I wonder why this has not been done more often

The even have lighting so that they can be enjoyed at night... though one light is currently out

The lighting so they can be seen at night is an especially nice touch. Going that extra steps shows me they care about what they are doing and thought it all they way through. While we don't have an exposed fence like this, if we did I would certainly want to hang some art to make the neighborhood nicer. Granted, you would need to not cherish anything you put out, the elements of a Florida summer will make quick work of a painting or canvas print. Hopefully they have additional paintings to switch out with these once the outdoors have their way with them.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment