Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Remaining Contributions to Jabba's Realm - Imperial Assault

On Monday I shared with you Tools for the Job, a painting I did for the new(ish) expansion to Imperial Assault, Jabba's Realm. This was not the only piece that I had in this new expansion, but it was the only piece I had not previously shared. I had two additional pieces in the expansion, one new that I had already shared and another previous piece that made an encore. To start things off here is my favorite of the new work that I created for Jabba's Realm, the Rancor...

Rancor
Imperial Assault - Jabba's Realm Expansion
11 x 14 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Deb Freytag
Original - SOLD
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I really enjoyed this one. Not only was this my second opportunity to paint a Rancor for the Star Wars games and it was the first chance to paint a Rancor on Dathomir. A win/win if I do say so. This art may have been cropped and flipped in the final card, FFG did feature it a lot on their website. Here is a look at the final card for the Rancor...

Rancor in handy dandy card form

Lastly, my Salacious B. Crumb painting my an encore appearance in Jabba's Realm on a pair of cards. The art was flipped and production pushed the background back a bit, but these things happen and are to be expected. Here are the new cards for Salacious B. Crumb...

Salacious B. Crumb in new handy dandy card forms

My Salacious B. Crumb painting is still one of my favorite pieces that I did for the Star Wars games and I am glad to have any opportunity to post it. Glad to see that it is still thought well enough by the folks at FFG to see print again. Here is my original painting of Salacious B. Crumb...

Salacious B. Crumb
10.6 x 7.9 - Digital
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment